Job description / Role
Manage and conduct procurement and sourcing activities at assigned plant. Sourcing specialist will seek to maximize supplier performance to support the company’s business goals by implementing sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the assigned portfolio and associated activities and ensure that items and services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Interfacing with internal clients to plan and prioritize purchasing activities;
- Preparing and conducting tenders for assigned portfolio
- Preparing procurement plans, in line with approved requisitions for purchased items, and managing approval process in full respect of DOAG and Procurement Policy;
- Transmitting and prioritizing approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier;
- Identifying and communicating expiring contracts to internal clients and providing visibility of potential interruptions in order to define the priorities;
- Ensuring timely issuance, review and signature of contracts in full respect of approved procurement strategy and award recommendation documents;
- Ensuring timely registration in SAP of orders/contracts issued and in full adherence with signed documents;
- Ensuring accurate and timely review of control reports assigned;
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining purchase orders until they are closed;
- Ensuring cooperating with Account Payable, suppliers and Internal clients in resolving discrepancies on invoicing and receiving;
- Identifying opportunities and implementing actions to achieve efficiencies;
- Contributing to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local suppliers base;
- Interact with company's lawyer to anticipating and solving legal disputes with suppliers
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in fields of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing. Alternatively commercial education with additional training in supply chain / procurement
- Several years of experience in industrial procurement, preferably in plastic converting industry
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good decision taking skills
- Fluent oral and written skills in local language
- Fluent oral and written skills in English
- Good SAP knowledge, in particular MM
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel
- Good client-focus attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High standard performance skills
- Concern for accuracy skills
About the Company
Jindal Films is an expert in the development and manufacture of specialty films for flexible packaging and labeling markets.
Our products help solve your packaging and labeling problems, improve your total costs and support dazzling package designs that help you sell more.
Within Flexible Packaging, Jindal Films provides films that lead the market in terms of barrier to moisture, oxygen, and flavor & aroma. These barriers protect package contents and extend the shelf-life of consumer products so our customers can expand their product distribution channels, reduce stales and keep products tasting 'first day fresh'. Our barrier technology is available in our range of Bicor, Metallyte and Oppalyte films.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
TGC Middle East
A Leading Multinational FMCG Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Procurement Manager - FF&E