Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Sous Chef to join our successful business.
• Responsible to the Production Manager during service for timing and progress of all dishes.
• Responsibility for the Kitchen operation in the absence of the Production Manager.
• To assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen brigade when required.
• To control wastage and to help maintain food costs.
• To ensure that in the preparation and presentation of food, the highest standards are maintained at all times.
• To keep the Production Manager appraised of any problems within the Kitchen. These would include staff, Health & Safety, equipment, and any other areas connected with the Kitchen organization.
• To assist in the responsibility for the operation of various sections within the Kitchen.
• To work towards and ensure a positive relationship exists between the Operations, Outlets and the Kitchen.
• To be fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
• To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the Production Manager to ensure quality is upheld at all times.
• To assist the Production Manager to effectively achieve and identify with a concise repertoire of dishes.
• To maintain and constantly develop the finest selection of dishes that compromise the menus that the Company offer in conjunction with the standards laid by the Company.
• To direct responsibility for all dishes served in your section.
• To attend any necessary training sessions or meetings.
• To make sure that Company Policy and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilized at all times.
• To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
• Degree in Culinary Art or equivalent professional qualification.
• Health and safety and food hygiene certificates / HACCP.
• Minimum Previous experience of 5 years of in a similar position in airline catering, hotels, restaurants or any other food industry field.
• Ability to cope under pressure, in a calm and efficient manner to set deadlines.
• Previous experience demonstrating good management and effective co-ordination of a kitchen team.
• Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff and management.
• A positive approach to menu planning and development of the catering service.
• Word, Excel and Outlook IT skills to basic level.
• Stock taking experience.
• Willing to work flexible hours as regular weekends, Holidays and evening work is required.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.