Job description / Role
Play Your Part
Assist the Senior Sous Chef to manage a team of Chefs to ensure that the restaurants and all outlets are managed with high standards of food quality and proper managing of cost to ensure maximum profitability.
- Set high personal and professional standards for the departments under by your own performance.
- Recognize outstanding individual performance and deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively
- Give clear, concise directions, provide support and supervise the chefs to ensure that directions are properly executed.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions and the actions of those reporting to you.
- Establish a climate of motivation and enthusiasm in your division.
- Actively participate in the F&B division's revenue and cost control strategies.
- Understand and ensure implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to your division's operation.
- Get the right people in the right job.
- Constantly seek to develop the expertise of those reporting to you.
- Have a deep understanding of the hotel's Vision and integrate this into your daily activities.
- Adjust to changes in job requirements and the hotel's operational strategies to meet business needs.
- Exercise moral judgment, imagination and courage in the practice of leadership.
Budgeting and Finance
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in the preparation of the annual business plan.
- Monitor the Kitchen budget and discuss with the Executive Sous Chef on the corrective action where necessary.
- Control cost whilst ensuring the hotel's Guests expectations are exceeded.
- Have a keen understanding of the hotel's market segments and their expectations.
- Constantly seek to identify unmet Guest's needs and work towards developing new/improving current products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
- Know the hotel's current and potential competitors.
- Understand the product image the company aims to project and ensure that image is reflected in every aspect of the manner in which you manage the departments under your supervision.
- Be present in front of guests and engage during the meal period at the buffet stations.
- Communicate effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
- Conduct regular brief, concise, will prepare meetings and ensure follow-up.
- Communicate with Guests and be visible in the local community as a representative of the hotel.
- Maintain an efficient and effective kitchen administration system.
- Set policies and procedures pertaining to the kitchen and stewarding operation and ensure all manuals are up to date.
- Ensure all kitchen and stewarding policies and procedures are in synergy with related departments and Hotels guidelines.
- Understand the hotel's general policies & procedures and align all your division's activities and your personal actions as a senior manager.
- Participate in the hotel's duty management roster.
- Maximize the use of available technology and systems to get results.
- Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
- Know your job and continue your self-development by self-directed learning and participation in company sponsored training programs.
- Assist in the operation at peak times and any other times business needs require your hands-on assistance.
- Work together with Accounting to organize inventories in the departments under your supervision.
- Be visible in the operation and ensure implementation of quality standards.
- Lead or otherwise facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments and problem solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
- Have a good understanding of the hotel's emergency procedures and ensure implementation of those related to the departments under your supervision when required.
- Represent the Senior Sous Chef in his absence.
- Ensure clean kitchens, hygienic work procedures and high safety standards.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in minimizing spoilage and wastage.
- Work together with the Senior Sous Chef to develop menus that are cost effective and in accordance with trends and market demands.
- Assist the Senior Sous Chef in maintaining low food cost whilst achieving high food quality.
- Monitor implementation of all kitchens related energy conservation programs.
Health & Safety
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
- To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Diploma in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 2 - 3 years of successful culinary experience in a similar position within a comparable hotel/restaurant offering
- Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide an outstanding dining experience
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Senior Sous Chef
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Chef de Cuisine – Multi-Outlet
Head Chef for a Catering Service Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Melissa Offer Private Staffing