Job description / Role
We make moments!
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Train and develop the kitchen and stewarding team in the departmental operating standards.
- The ability to taste and season the food appropriately and to ensure it is well presented and of the standard and quality required before serving it to the guest.
- Ensure all kitchen team members are aware of the a la carte Housekeeping & Handyman services available to guests and are skilled in up selling them as a preferred supplier.
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of the kitchen operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs.
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities.
- To lead daily departmental briefings and monthly employee meetings.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all F&B revenue targets as well as food cost targets, and are kept informed of performance results.
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area.
- Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
- Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
- Be committed to the company culture of natural enjoyment and be a role model for delighting our guests.
- Ensure at all times that workstations, fridges, freezers and preparation areas are well organised, equipped and properly maintained.
- Monitor kitchen equipment and ensure the team reports any defects to engineering immediately.
- The ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to maintain the work area and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- The ability to be able to be flexible to the business demands and working hours.
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve guest satisfaction levels as well as employee productivity and satisfaction.
- To plan the weekly rota in accordance with the business demands.
- To ensure kitchen productivity and proactively manage the kitchens working hours.
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standard.
- Keep up to date and accurate HACCP records and documentation ensuring all chefs are adequately trained and practising best HACCP procedures
Your experience and skills include:
- To assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in overseeing the kitchen and stewarding operations of the hotel .
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests' satisfaction.
- To take the time to get to know the guests and to be committed to service excellence.
- The ability to utilize information on forecasts and reports to enable the planning of a smooth uninterrupted operation and service our guests; i.e. food production, purchasing & manpower planning.
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise your and your teams daily tasks in order to ensure on time delivery as required.
- Daily monitoring of the Food Cost to ensure monthly targets are achieved without undermining the agreed product quality.
- Full compliance with local municipality HACCAP standards and certification.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 280,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,700 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.