Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Responsible for all food production and manages all kitchen staff for Lounges. Ensures efficient and effective production of all meals to budget, controlling food and labor costs through effective use of menu specifications, staff training and planning, and monitoring of hygienic and safety norms.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees including stewards in the lounges to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Execute the culinary process steps and menu design for First Class and Business buffets while adhering to deadlines, cost targets, and interface with procurement and costing
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of passengers and guests.
- Plan, organize and execute training for Chef De Partie's and culinary personnel. Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times by promoting Health & Safety, Hygiene, Quality and Security Awareness.
Education & Experience
- Holder of a degree from recognized Culinary School
- Min 12 years' experience in 5 star Hotel or Restaurant Kitchen Production on supervisory level
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.