Job description / Role
Assist the Executive Chef to set standards and maintain them to the MOVENPICK Jumeirah Lakes Towers standards. Ensure the smooth operation of the department in charge by optimizing the use of materials, manpower, thereby maximizing revenue and guest satisfaction.
Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based in one of the most dynamic locations in Dubai - Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
Just off the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, the 168-room hotel is close to Dubai's thriving key business districts and commercial free zones, minutes away from the city's most iconic attractions and walking distance to Dubai Metro.
Overlooking tranquil lakes and the striking Dubai Marina skyline, the hotel offers its guests 3 dining and entertainment options, 7 meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and spa. Mövenpick Jumeirah Lakes Towers is is highly convenient for business activities or leisure as suited for exploring one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Summary of Responsibilities :
- Assists Chef De Cuisine /Executive Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attends daily meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter.
- Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef's meeting and some other issues.
- Establishes culinary standards for the specialty of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a number of guests.
- Plans menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- Inspects 4 times daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed further in this book.
- Checks any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Checks on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, personally runs the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen colleagues.
- Creates internal operating process to ensure food is always consistent and making tools available to the line colleagues for implementing consistency within the system.
- Should be updated with current market trends in food and beverage and have an approach to make great experiences for guest dinning.
- At least eight years in a five star international chain hotel/restaurant.
- At least two years in an international five star hotel in similar position or above.
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year.
- Diploma in hotel management.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.