Job description / Role
As a Sous Chef , you will be responsible for providing excellent guest service and maintain overall efficiency of set standards for the F&B Production function and be accountable for the hotel's performance.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Supervising, coordinating and participating in the preparation of mise en place cooking for all F&B outlets.
- To assist the Chef de Cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Provides the Sous Chef with daily market list for her/his outlet and controls personally all goods received, in order to guarantee the quality and quantity as to provide the Executive Chef with recipes and costing as per the requirement
- Assists and proposes to the Sous Chef and Executive Chef special Food Promotions, Events and other Food related activities for her/his outlet
- Assists the Executive Chef in developing new cuisine concepts.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of standards of food quality, preparation and presentation.
- Ensures that staff handles and uses kitchen utensils and equipment properly.
- Ensures cleanliness of all utensils, cooking equipment, working tables and fridges, and so on.
- Ensures that the Rixos the Palm Dubai Cost Control policies and procedures are followed.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To monitor all cost and recommend / institute measures to control them.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in 5* hotel.
- Experience in the GCC and/or Middle East Region is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Be committed to exceeding guest expectations
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.