Job description / Role
A special occasion calls for great food! As a Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts you will lead a team of culinary professionals in creating spectacular dishes that will create memorable dining experiences for our guests. Your experience in managing various aspects of a kitchen will be reflective in positive guest satisfaction and colleague engagement results
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the newly built Fairmont Ajman has opened May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To coordinate and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of the culinary operations in the Kitchen. Maintain and enhance the food products through a creative menu development and presentation. Always act in a professional manner and promote the company’s Mission, Vision and Values through example. Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great.
• Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
• Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
• Lead by example using Fairmont’s: Mission, Vision & Values
• Support/Coach/Lead & motivate kitchen colleagues
• Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in weekly meetings
• Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
• Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
• Ensure proper weekly & annual vacation scheduling of all kitchen colleagues while maintaining Fairmont culinary quality standards
• Ensure proper hygiene as per Ajman Municipality, Promote Health and Safety at all times
• Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
• Complete monthly 1 on 1’s , probation & annual reviews as scheduled
• Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers
• Minimize wastage/ spoilage
• Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues
• Liaison daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
• Maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations
• Strive to achieve and surpass JD Power targets
• Conduct monthly EOS committee meetings to address colleague EOS issues
• Ensure weekly orders are placed and accurate according to business volume
• Actively recruits talent to broaden Fairmont Ajman culinary skill set
• Strives to increase Kitchen JDP results for food quality, menu content, & timeliness of service
• Be versed in all kitchen area of Fairmont Ajman
• Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
• Previous leadership experience is a must.
• Previous experience working with Turkish cuisine mandatory
• Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Ability to meet and interact with guests and develop positive relationship
• Experience working in the Middle East is an asset
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests