Job description / Role
As Spa Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the Spa & Health club team consistently delivers a personalized, 5 star spa experience for each guest. You are responsible for the efficient daily running of the spa & health club operation. Reporting directly to the Director Of Rooms, key elements of your role include but are not limited to reaching revenue targets, controlling spa expenses, reaching set targets for CES and LQA and finally developing and managing the Spa & Health club team.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
- Always demonstrate sincere customer focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
- Develop and maintain adequate professional product program.
- Develop and maintain retail product program.
- Ensure all dealings with guests at the spa and health club area to meet or exceed the hotels operating standards.
- Ensure all areas of the Spa & health club are kept clean and well maintained at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation governing the operation of a Spa & health club facility.
- Ensure the guest experience is relaxing and in accordance with the hotel's standards.
- Ensure the health and safety of guests and employees are paramount at all times.
- Ensure consistent Spa & health club experience development to ensure that innovation and uniqueness is maintained.
- Ensure proper inventories of all operating Spa & health club equipment are conducted in line with audit standards in order to effectively manage operational cost.
- Ensure that the Spa & health club team adhere to all hotel's and company operational and service standards.
- Ensure that spa & health club department follows business conduct and ethics.
- Ensure that spa & health club department follows hotels policies and procedures including health, hygiene, emergency and Fire prevention.
- Ensure that the spa & health club department follows safety and maintain confidentiality for all guests and colleagues at all times.
- Ensure all spa, health club and wellness equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Ensure that all stock and cash items are kept safely under lock and key.
- Able to provide guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes.
- Able to achieve high performance and operational standards.
- Able to liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of the spa & health club operations.
- Able to handle any guest complaints or special requirements.
- Able to promote and sell spa & health club programs to groups, conference guests walk-in etc.
- Able to upsell the spa, wellness & health club classes programs.
- Able to implement and monitor up-selling strategies to maximize spa and health club operational revenue.
- Able to analyst and interpret the needs of clients and offer appropriate options, solutions and resolutions.
- Be the single point of contact for Dignitaries, VIP and VVIP guests and co-ordinate their Spa & health club experience.
- Responsible for checking and overseeing all guest settlements like cash, CC, room settlements etc.
- Responsible to identify and target specific market segments for potential corporate clientele to promote Spa & health club services.
- Responsible to develop strong product quality and treatment measures.
- Responsible to monitor and analyses the products and services of competitive Spas & health club, to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for the department training plan and conduct hands-on training for the new recruitment.
- Responsible for reviewing all guest feedback results and implement improvements to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for spa employee's weekly duty schedules and staff duty charts.
- Coordinate with the engineering department to ensure proper repair and preventive maintenance works of all spa equipment.
- Recruit and train Spa & health club employees in accordance with hotels or resort sop and guidelines.
- Monitor and review Spa & health club employee's performance regularly and provide required guidance.
- Manage spa & health club inventory effectively, and follow hotels purchasing standards to ensure audit compliance.
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects.
- Gather information and remain fully informed of local and international trends in Spa & health club operations.
- Perform a regular inventory of Spa & health club par levels for retail and operational stocks.
- Raise store requisitions of all retail and operational items as and when required.
- Previous Spa & health club experience is a must
- Hotel experience is a must
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, da re to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.