Job description / Role
The Spa Manager is responsible for the establishment and execution of clear short term and long term goals to ensure the spa is recognized as one of the finest resort spas in the world. These goals must ensure Colleague satisfaction, Guest satisfaction, financial success, health and safety and environmental stewardship. The Spa Director is responsible for the daily leadership of the spa operations, ensuring all productivity and expense controls are followed as well as ensuring that all revenue opportunities, in keeping with the positioning of Sofitel Spas, will be capitalized upon.
- Direct operations of the facility, including short and long range strategic planning so that the spa operates cost effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the establishment and execution of all departmental goals.
- Manage, train, and motivate all personnel reporting to this position.
- Serve as a link between the hotel and the spa industry.
- Meet with group meeting planners to show spa facility and programs as required.
- Promote and sell customized spa programs to conference groups as required.
- Tour prospective spa Guests.
- Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of all information on the telephone and in person to all potential spa Guests.
- Promote all hotel and spa packages and promotions.
- Work with Corporate advertising, promotion and public relations as required.
- Work with hotel and regional sales and marketing as required.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, promotion and sales techniques.
- Administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the spa's operations i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, spa services (massage, body scrubs, facials etc.), retail sales etc.
Assist in the supervision, operation and coverage of all spa departments:
- Front desk/reception
- Ensure effective communication amongst all departments within the hotel.
- Establishment of professional business relationship with all vendors and development of all products inventories.
- Ensure adherence of standard operating procedures for each department.
- Submit monthly report requirements and information to General Manager-Spas, and General Manager-Hotel, including monthly business report, and treatment audits.
- Ensure adherence of departmental and facility policies.
- Establishment of ongoing administrative controls.
- Assist in the recruitment, development and training of all department heads and support staff.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Ensure that weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings are effective.
- Available for Colleague and Manager inquiries.
- Communications: respond / review voice-mail and e-mail messages.
- Facility walk-through to have a visual presence within the department for all spa staff.
- Follow and ensure that all Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices, lead by example.
- Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Sofitel Spas.
- Assist in the development and adherence of all departmental emergency procedures.
- Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa's policy relating to safety.
- Responsibilities encompass the area of fiscal budgeting and analysis, including the development of annual budgets for the departments within the facility.
- Approve payroll hours and hotel administered service charges/gratuity reports.
- Review daily productivity.
- Monitor scheduling of all services and special programming.
- Review/approve purchase requisitions.
- Generate monthly facility productivity report.
- Measurement of the spa actual performance to budget.
- Operations and capital improvement budget preparation.
- Bachelor's Degree (Business Administration) an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management position in a spa or related field an asset.
- Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
- Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.