Job description / Role
To take 100% responsibility to ensure you deliver and exceed the guests' expectations in accordance with Kempinski The Spas vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel's wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel's classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To deliver the whole spa experience to a high standard and ensure the guests' needs are cared for in alignment with Kempinski The
- Spas training and all standard operating procedures. 'Care for the guests' from beginning to end.
- To 'connect' and communicate with your guests. Get to know and understand them and record preferences and information as required.
- Go above and beyond to accommodate guests' needs and requests.
- Greet all clients with name recognition, a welcoming smile and a clear but soft tone of voice.
- To engage directly with the guest, LISTEN and anticipate their needs with genuine and sincere attitude.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Kempinski the Spa treatments, services and products, able to advise guests as to the relevance and suitability of treatments according to the guest's needs.
- To consult and advise guests as to a sequence of treatments or a programme in both the spa & fitness.
- To recognise and acknowledge all spa and fitness guests and members, remembering their names and any other relevant details.
- To organize scheduling to maximize use of time and profitability whilst ensuring that the client's needs are of first importance.
- To coordinate guests consultation records with the Therapists.
- Respond to guest's bookings and queries in a professional manner.
- Promote and up-sell spa services and retail sales.
- Record reservations and manage the appointment schedule ensuring the update and management of client profiles.
- Conduct confirmation calls.
- To be responsible for all billing procedures at the reception desk and the correct reconciliation of funds at the close of each shift and at the end of the day's work.
- Complete daily opening procedures and check lists per relevant area daily.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and presentable at all times.
- Coordinate availability of treatments and staff to ensure prompt service according to the relevant skills of the therapists.
- Assist with administration duties such as, purchasing, receiving and inventory reporting.
- To have a professional attitude at all times, particularly with regard to punctuality, appearance and general manner.
- To ensure that all administrative procedures run professionally and prepare daily reports as required.
- To supervise and conduct the safety of users and equipment in the spa and receive training to ensure that all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene standards are implemented and monitored within the spa.
- To recognize the importance of ''connecting with the guest' in every aspect of your role.
- Must attend all training courses as deemed necessary by the Spa Manager.
- To participate in training and personal development programs within the spa.
- To perform any other duties deemed reasonable by Management.
- To be responsible for preparing the reception for the next shift.
- Ensuring all messages has been passed on before leaving and that adequate supplies of all public information material are available.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in an international Spa.
- Luxury Hotel experience.
- Effective employee working relationships.
- Pleasant personality, proactive and reliable.
- Client facing experience within reception or front of house.
- Telephone system.
- Ability to work and converse in a multinational environment, including oral and written
- Language skills in English and French. Any additional languages are a plus
- Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.