Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Perform facials, manicures, pedicures and waxing (aesthetic services) as well as all body treatments such as massage, scrubs, wraps in a safe and professional manner to Guests. Provide uncompromising attention to Guest/Member service.
- Perform all spa treatments on members and Guests using safe and professional techniques.
- Perform spa treatments services in a safe, comfortable, and hygienic manner.
- Perform nail services in a safe, comfortable, and hygienic manner.
- Maintain an ample inventory of all products necessary to perform all facials and waxing services including skin care products, cotton, distilled water, warm wax, waxing sticks, bowls, towels, sheets, blankets, plastic bags, and face cloths, etc. Prepare kits as required.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Assist in any and all ways in the beauty salon when not scheduled to perform aesthetic services.
- This assistance is to include acting as salon receptionist, performing manicure/pedicure services, selling and restocking professional retail skin care and hair care products.
- Constantly maintain up-to-date knowledge of the personal services performed and any revisions in the skin care products or procedures used.
- Answer all questions related to services performed and products used.
- Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointments after completing each service and shift.
- Courteously interact and answer all facility-related questions with Members and Guests.
- Assist in the co-ordination of spa treatments with other spa programs.
- Ensure current trends in aesthetic industry are reviewed.
- Serve as catalyst to promote spa services to Members and hotel Guests.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- Report dysfunctional equipment to Spa Director.
- Work with the Lead Therapist in the formulation of plans for projects.
- Ensure individual is well versed in all aspects of the spa's operations, i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, loofah, facial, etc.).
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required:
- Sales and marketing
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Maintain Training logs
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the operation of the treatment rooms.
- Maintain accurate records as required by hotel and government regulations.
- Attend weekly/monthly Aestheticians departmental communication meetings.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Follow and ensure that Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices.
- Adherence to departmental emergency procedures/safety manual.
- Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Raffles Spas.
- Maintain equipment for aesthetics and personal equipment in safe and sanitary condition.
- Maintain the facility in peak condition at all times while adhering to all aspects of the operations budget, including payroll.
- Ensure efficient billing of service to Guests.
- Ensure aesthetic department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the spa and hotel.
- Trained in all facility operations.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa's policy relating to safety.
- Understand all spa departments training in pertinent emergency procedures and ensure that all departments are well versed in salon operations (cross training).
- Ensure Colleagues adhere to all spa standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
- Ensure cross-trained in all spa departments.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited school of aesthetics.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Aesthetician.
- Safety oriented First Aid.
- CPR - Basic Rescuer.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.