Job description / Role
As a Specialist Data Steward, you will define typical data structures and data elements, and identify the requirements for security, backup, privacy, and other controls during the data cycle.
You will also be responsible for developing procedures and policies to guarantee that data meet requirements for lineage, integrity, currency, ownership, custody and security.
A government organisation in the UAE that has heavily invested in their data capability, now looking to expand their data governance & management team.
* Identify data types, sources, flows, work processes and data configurations across the data cycle.
* Identify pipeline streams, integrations, transformation and integrations that occur during data processes.
* Review data management, architecture and engineering standards, rules and procedures to ensure they support the data governance objectives.
* Assess data risk as applied to each stage in the data cycle, to different data types and profiles.
* Define and develop inspection, monitoring and testing procedures to ensure data meet requirements.
* Publish governance policies, procedures, rules and standards and communicate requirements for their application in each data cycle stage.
Opportunity to work with a top-caliber organization with exposure to exciting advanced data-driven projects.
* At least 3 years' experience in a data stewardship role in a big data environment.
* You must have knowledge of data quality and data protection management practices that are industry leading.
* You need to be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.