Specialist Design & Technology Technician - Resistant Materials & Graphics - Sunmarke School
Job description / Role
Fortes Education has been a leading education provider in the UAE for over four decades with premium international schools and nurseries that have experienced outstanding success and growth. Our schools offer the most innovative and character-building education in the entire Middle East region.
Our core ethos and philosophy of education is Positive Education (PosEd). Through PosEd, our schools foster active engagement in learning, celebrating character strengths and accomplishments. We encourage children to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and seek meaning and purpose in their own lives. We enable children to become happy learners and develop into innovative thinkers, confident young adults, and life-long learners. Children develop resilience, a growth mindset and deep character strengths that allow them to flourish in an ever-changing world.
About Sunmarke School - Where Amazing Happens
Sunmarke School provides an ambitious and inspiring, values-based education that nurtures the hearts and minds of students so that they can flourish and achieve their dreams. Powered by our unique signature programs, Sunmarke is a uniquely innovative school transforming young lives.
Sunmarke is an all-through school which offers a premium education across a fantastic range of pathways for students including the National Curriculum of England, GCSE/IGCSE,'A' Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes. We also offer a suite of Signature Programmes unrivalled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability Studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilise cutting-edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support sustainability in future terrains .
Our world-class STEAM centre offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real-world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. We run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy, to ensure their future success in business and entrepreneurship.
We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice. Sunmarke School was judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a Very Good' school in our 3 rd year of operation and 'Outstanding' in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in 2019.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to "outstanding". Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle.
We seek to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced Specialist Design & Technology Technician - Resistant Materials & Graphics to join our team in August 2023. This is a crucial supporting position in the Design and Technology subject area.
- To provide technical support to teaching staff & classes.
- To adopt a flexible style in order to tackle a range of routine duties in the creativity workshops
- Follow company-wide admin & operational Policies / Procedures for maintaining, documenting, and inventorisation trackers. Have experience in working with and maintaining large machinery associated with material processing in D&T: wood, metal and plastic.
- Ensure that all workshop and practical areas, tools, equipment, computers and materials are kept in an operable and safe manner and ready for use by staff and pupils.
- Prepare, provide and return tools, equipment and materials as necessary to enable staff and pupils to function effectively. This must be done prior to the commencement of a lesson.
- Set up as necessary hardware required by teachers for class demonstration or pupil use.
- Manufacture pieces of equipment, jigs and fixtures as required by staff for class demonstration or pupil use.
- Support lessons and work alongside teachers during designing and making activities to aid pupil progress.
- Assist staff in the storage and organisation of resources, and preparation of class materials and displays in a timely, safe and effective way .
- Prepare materials and/or resource packs for teachers' and pupils' design-based projects.
- Construct storage systems for pupils' work and other materials, for example, shelving arrangements.
- Routine maintenance of workshop equipment, machine, and hand tools to include:
- Repairs where appropriate including metal and wood, cutting machines as necessary within appropriate regulations and safety practices.
- Repairs where appropriate to heat treatment equipment.
- Carry out such other duties as reasonably fall within the purview of this post as designated by the organisation.
- Be flexible and be prepared to fully support the delivery of and D&T curriculum
- Be of a practical nature and be comfortable in a school workshop or studio environment
Skills we are looking for:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Proficient in MS office & ICT literate and willing to learn unfamiliar ICT programs .
- Should also have a meticulous attention to detail, especially with regard to health and safety.
- Experience of working with children would be an advantage
I f you have the passion, energy , and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we will welcome your application . In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role in our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face-to-face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai .
Application Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Appointment Start Date: August 2023
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.
About the Company
Fortes Education is made up of a caring and committed educators and innovators who seek to improve education in the UAE and Middle East region through the establishment of innovative schools and enlightened education programs that help students realise their potential.
We are able to deliver and accomplish our goals through a management team trained in education and business, a dedicated and large team of teachers, educators, and school administration staff, our research-based school curricula, achievement based educational systems, intensive professional development, extended learning programs, cutting world class educational facilities and cutting edge technologies.
Fortes has a strong leadership team that combines business and education expertise from around the globe. We work closely with the local government authorities to improve the standards of education and to make quality education more accessible to the broader community.