Job description / Role
The purpose of this position is responsible for development of CRs in-house i.e. receiving and reviewing requirements from Solution Design. Creating low-level application designs based on SDDs that can be implemented in specific domains, undertaking the development of the proposed solution in specific domains, and developing the necessary test cases as may be required in alignment with the in-house development and testing process. Preparing the demand for production deployment.
• Review the Solution Design Document (SDD) to receive and understand the solution design requirements as laid down by the PE team on individual CR’s
• Develop and document the functional specification documents as may be required for each CR undertaken for Development based on the SDD document received from PE
• Develop and build CR or defect resolutions i.e. develop configuration, reference data change, and customization at all layers of the applications i.e. database, business objects, user interface, external interfaces to other applications, as required
• Develop and document Unit Test cases and Component Integration Test (CIT) cases and scenarios on individual CR’s
• Validate code changes on the development/ training environments through Unit and CIT testing ensuring that it meets the entry criteria of Testing prior to deploying it on the testing environment
• Prepare the developed CRs packages/code and deliver it to the Testing team for deployment on testing environments (including Release Notes/ Work Orders (WOs) and roll back procedures in case of non-successful deployment)
• Deliver signed-off packages for deployment on Pre-production environment
• Provide support and guidance to the Testing and Deployment Teams during package installations on various testing and production environments
• Closely monitor the defects quality center and provide support and resolve the reported software defects acknowledged by the testing team during all testing stages including SIT, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing and UAT prior to going to production
• Perform and/or provide support for Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on defects generated during all testing stages including SIT, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing and UAT tracing back to original CRs
• Maintain library of all requirements, change requests, design and technical documentation and history of changes made to the system, configuration management activities, aimed at maintaining a library of software and component changes
• Maintain the development environment code levels according to the different code levels in TQC/other environments, so different packages can be delivered to different environments
• Define impact on bill cycles planning, performance and ensure adherence to quality assurance processes
• Participate with du IT Infrastructure team (who will be responsible for conducting the activity, providing T&As, DBAs, etc.) in fine tuning, performance enhancements, software and/ or database, or Hardware upgrades of the development/ training environments
• Provide development methodology and documentation and required materials in
• response to du’s external and internal audits
• Review SDD from testing prospective and act as a quality checkpoint to identify any testing gaps
• Define Test scripts based on the test cases detailed in the SDD
• Support SIT, Regression and other testing as deemed required and mentioned in SDD for in-house development CRs
• Coordinate with du Test bed team, du network development team for necessary environment access or system integration testing
• Ensure BRM for these CR’s before handing them over for packaging and deployment onto the Regression environment
• Perform validation and deliver changes upon successful completion of Regression Testing, for handover to IT Operations team
• Execute and provide support for defect management as per the defect management process during testing phases that could include SIT, UAT and Regression Testing as required for the CR
• Improve test coverage through adoption of proven test capabilities and continuous automation
• Define and implement effective defect management process to reduce defect leakage to business and production
• Provide testing methodology, documentation and required materials in response to audits
• Review the package developed by In-house Development team for deployment readiness
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar design and development role in telecommunications industry
• TIBCO Business Works 5.x Certified
• Knowledge of E2E Architecture of Telecommunication BSS/OSS landscape
• Knowledge BW, EMS, administrator.
• Experience in order Management
Good to have:
• Java J2EE
• Siebel Integration
About the Company
du is the new telecommunication services provider in the UAE. We are an integrated service provider offering voice, data, video and content services over fixed and mobile networks to residential and business customers.
du has three broad target segments:
Consumers: Focusing on individuals and households by offering mobile and fixed voice calling, Internet, data services and television. Businesses: Focusing on small to very large corporations and government agencies by offering integrated fixed and mobile business solutions including voice, data, content and applications as well as professional services.
Carriers: Focusing on providing carrier, international data networks and wholesale services to international operators, multinational corporations and telecom carriers.
The needs of our customers are our primary focus. Our aim is to provide new and innovative services that deliver a better customer experience.
Specialist - In House Development (CRM)
Specialist - In House Development - BSCS
Specialist - In House Development - DSP
Specialist - In House Development - B2C
Manager- Digital Solution Architect