Job description / Role
• Supports and provides direct patient care, medical direction and advice within the Critical Care Department in collaboration with Consultant and Head of Department
• Contributes all clinical activities of the department.
• Participates with the Consultant on all administrative activities of the department.
• Participates in critical care services intradepartmentally and interdepartmentally.
• Develops the policies and procedures that guide provision of services.
• Participates ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance.
• Participates and maintains appropriate quality control programs for the department.
• Participates in orientation, in-service education, and continuing education of all personnel in the department.
• Advocates for an interdicsiplinary approach to care delivery.
• Promotes research within the department and Al Hospital .
• Clinically participates in the care and treatment of all critically ill patients who are admitted to the Intensive Care Unit.
• Participates the management of patients in the ICU and works with physicians of other specialties.
• Responds to all Code Blue calls in the Surgical ICU and other areas of the Hospital
• Participates in department in-services and attends staff meetings.
• Regularly reports, as required, on the KPIs that are to be reported upon regarding the activities in the Department.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship and ongoing communications with medical staff and other department heads.
• Ensures the Department / Clinical Unit Manager is informed of and aware of significant events and activities in the area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensures ICML is is informed of and aware of significant events and activities in the area(s) of responsibility and ensure collection and compilation of all documentations, IP and other relevant information about ICML activities within the Department as may be required by ICML.
• Provides input to the monthly reports to be produced by the Clinical Director to the ICML Project Manager and to ICML on the activities of the Department with particular emphasis on the activities of the ICML Staff at the Department for the preceding month highlighting areas of success, areas of deficiency and forecasting possible future encumbrances including laying out the steps for overcoming the same with the aim of providing safe and efficient healthcare services;
• Generally has a duty of care to ICML and works with and works with and cooperates fully with ICML and the ICML Project Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Agreement between ICML’s Client and ICML;
• Performs other professional duties as may be assigned within his/her scope and ability.
• Medical Doctor degree or recognized equivalent
• Post-Graduate qualification in specialty such as Critical Care Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine, Surgery, Respirology or Anaesthesia
• Current ACLS certification.
• Recent academic and teaching experience and/or research publications
• Will be required to obtain ATLS certification within a given time period
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an active treatment hospital within his/her specialty
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
• Basic Arabic language knowledge considered a plus
• Team leader and team player
• Able to develop good interpersonal relationships
• Excellent communication skills
About the Company
MedServe is one of Middle East's fastest growing healthcare management consulting company specializing in varied healthcare solutions in the GCC region.
Established in 2014 with a vision to offer a vast array of innovative solutions and services to address the dynamic and complex requirements of the healthcare industry, we have partnered with some of the leading medical professionals in the world who provide advisory services to deliver world class solutions.
MedServe, a team of highly experienced and qualified professional that have the knowledge and skills to enhance the clients operations in Hospital Management, Hospital Development and Human Capital Services.