Job description / Role
To assit Islamic Accounting -Lead in reporting and control function of Islamic portfolio and new core banking system implementation.
This role reports to Lead- Islamic Accounting
Islamic GL and Control:
• Review of Islamic GLs on daily basis.
• Liaise with respective departments to fix the abnormal balances if any
• Monitoring Islamic GL on daily basis and its reconciliation with subsidiaries ledger
• Monitoring and reconciliation of Islamic non-performing assets
• Daily tracking for Islamic products and review of Islamic daily tracker.
• Preparation of Islamic monthly profit summary
• Preparation of Islamic monthly pack
• Islamic customer level profitability
• Islamic RARCO data
• Supporting Islamic product team with routine and adhoc information request
Reporting & Accounting
• Preparation of Islamic Central bank return
• Perpetration of monthly Islamic accrual entries
• Adhoc tasks could include engaging with external parties such as external and Shariah auditors and others adhoc internal requirement mainly core banking implementation
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a Islamic financial institution or Banking Industry
Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Banking and Finance
• Chartered Accountant-Inter passed or Diploma in Banking and Finance or relevant degree
• Must be a proficient user of Excel/Access/Business intelligence tools
Well versed with excel / access and analytical tools for preparation of reports.
• Should have Islamic Finance experience of at least +3 years in United Arab Emirates Banking sector.
• Should be well updated on recent changes and guidelines issued by Central Bank in United Arab Emirates.
• Should be well versed in MS Excel and Access
• Should be able to take pressure in meeting the deadlines of Central Bank in United Arab Emirates.
• Should have good analytical skills
About the Company
Founded in 1985, ADCB employs more than 4,000 staff from 62 nationalities, serving over 600,000 retail customers, and approximately 50,000 corporate and SME clients. The bank operates in 48 branches, 4 pay offices, 2 branches in India, 1 branch in Jersey and a representative office in London. By the end of March 2015, the total assets of ADCB amounted to AED 207 billion.
ADCB is a full-service commercial bank that offers a wide range of products and services including retail banking, wealth management, private banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, cash management, investment banking, corporate finance, foreign exchange, interest rate, currency derivatives, Islamic products, project finance and property management services.
ADCB is 58.08% owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi. The banks shares are traded on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. By the end of March 2015, excluding treasury shares, ADCBs market capitalization was AED 34 bn .