Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Learning and Development Specialist role is to support the overall business strategy and help the business grow through it employees and Learning & Development initiatives. Furthermore, the role is to develop and enhance the business's talent and evolve LEGOLAND Dubai's future leaders
- Ensure that Learning & Development processes and standards are consistent across all entities and identify and implement best practice wherever identified
- Support the Manager - Learning and Development in completing the annual learning and development needs analysis, developing the annual learning plan and conducting regular and annual evaluation
- Liaise with external training providers to organise relevant learning and development activities for the individual or organisational needs identified
- Align and follow the learning and development process standards in the planning, administration, delivery and evaluation of Learning and Development activities
- Support the Manager - Learning and Development in ensuring that the entities are meeting all its learning and development targets and objectives
- Work under the direction of the Manager - Learning and Development to design and develop learning experiences that satisfy identified operational needs within the business units
- Communicate information about learning events in a timely and professional manner to ensure the business is kept up to date about learning and development activities
- Carry out entity wide effective learning experiences on a range of relevant subjects
- Develop and facilitate the internal departmental facilitator accreditation program
- Work on supporting Emiratisation programs, ensuring their Learning and Development Plans are effectively implemented
- Conduct entity, business unit and departmental reviews and monitor the effectiveness of departmental learning and departmental facilitators and provide assistance where deemed necessary
- Regularly meet, coach, support and motivate internal facilitators to ensure they are supported in meeting the on-the-job training requirements of their departments
- Coordinate every aspect of the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Generate timely and relevant reports on learning and development activities
- Support entity-wide HR and Engagement initiatives
- Represent the Learning and Development Team at internal and external meetings/workshops when authorised by Manager - Learning and Development
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- International Trainer/L&D accreditation or equivalent certification
- TEFL, TESOL or CELTA English Teaching qualification from a recognized accredited institution
- Graduate in hospitality qualification or related field (desirable)
- CIPD (desirable)
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a fast-paced dynamic industry (ideally service or hospitality related)
- Minimum 2 years in a learning and development role, or significant demonstrable experience in the design and delivery of learning
- Supervisory or management experience
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014