Job description / Role
As a Specialist Metadata, you will be responsible for identifying and mapping data governance processes for handling metadata creation, communication, updates, and the metadata repository.
Accountable for ensuring data repository rules are defined and compiled across all relevant metrics and aligned with business policies & standards.
A government organisation in the UAE that has heavily invested in their data capability, now looking to expand their data governance & management team.
* Offer guidance and training in the use of metadata, update metadata in the repository and publish updates.
* Apply definition of, and compile business roles for data types, sources & purpose. Ensure the documentation of all roles for retention schedules, privacy levels, security requirements, and other controls.
* Put together rules for data users, security requirements, retention schedules, privacy levels and other controls.
* Work with suppliers on projects and report on supplier performance, as required.
Opportunity to work with a top-caliber organization with exposure to exciting advanced data-driven projects.
* At least 3 years' experience managing metadata related tasks in a big data environment.
* Must have strong experience in continuously managing metadata repositories and business rules.
* You need to be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.