Job description / Role
To lead and manage Supplier Performance of the Supply Management department in the areas of purchasing contracts and vendor/supplier management by ensuring compliance to guidelines pertaining to procurement operations. Ensure the Supplier Performance unit performs in-line with the governments overarching Supply Management department strategy.
* A government entity in Abu Dhabi.
Annual Planning and Performance Management
* Contribute to the development of the Supply Management department's annual business plan in order to ensure that the Supplier Performance unit's activities and plans are aligned and congruent with the needs and plans of the department.
* Contribute to periodic reports to reflect on the overall performance of the Supplier Performance unit
* Develop and implement the contracting standards, policies & processes and monitor compliance (policy/systems) in coordination with the Performance Unit Head and other sectors/departments.
* Manage procurement contracts and renewals. Monitor and track the contract delivery and breaches in collaboration with respective sectors/departments. Liaise with legal department for support and guidance.
* Manage Contract compliance, supplier & end user performance measurement. Monitor and ensure procured services and goods are complying with contracting deliverables.
* Manage retentions, bonds, expiry, claims/penalties and contract disputes in coordination with Legal Affairs department to protect the legal position and mitigate relevant risks or liabilities.
* Oversee and manage tenders and award of business, including contracts and purchase orders. Maintain database of various contracts and procurement metrics.
* Ensure tenders & proposals meet all relevant specifications and are in line with the specification as required by the sectors and departments
Supplier Performance Management
* Evaluate supplier performance through review of reports and customer feedback to determine need for changes and to ensure compliance with contractual obligations. Resolve issues and take required action on any claims against supplier and contractor in coordination with the Legal Department
* Manage and ensure performance evaluation of suppliers in a Commercial Directory is registered and recorded.
* Ensure Vendor Database is update with vendor pre-qualification, background checks, on-boarding, status and currency of registration (trade and commercial licences etc.
* Supervise the processing of contract data into the ERP system and managing payment queries (In coordination with Finance and Sourcing Specialists).
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to Supplier Performance unit in order to facilitate flow of information whilst building awareness in relevant areas.
* Contribute to the day-to-day operations at the Supplier Performance unit to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures and that required activities are performed in timely, efficient, and effective manner.
* Report on a regular basis to the Unit Head on the operational activities of Supplier Performance unit, Its challenges, hurdles and methods of resolution or mitigation, etc. as required to keep the Line Manager informed and updated on the unit's activities.
EHS (Environment, Health and Safety)
* Ensure all relevant environment, health and safety policies, procedures and controls are adhered to so that employee safety, legislative compliance, and a responsible environmental attitude can be guaranteed.
* Comply with all relevant EHS guidelines, policies and procedures, report incidents and hazards in a timely manner, and reduce consumption of natural resources to support in protecting the environment and ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
* Support the creation of culture susceptible to change management through a 'hands-on' and 'can-do' approach to new business opportunities, participating in the development of new initiatives, meeting planned targets, and demonstrating preferred high-performance behaviours.
Communication & Working Relationships:
* Support Services Department
* All Sectors & Departments
* 25,000 - 35,000 depending on experience
* Single Status
* 3-5 years experience in a category buyer or strategic procurement role
* Experience within a UAE government entity ideally
Qualification (e.g. Academic Qualification, Certifications, Licenses)
* Bachelor's Degree in Procurement Management, Business Management, or Business Administration.
* Master's degree in Procurement Management, Business Management, or Business Administration is preferred.
* MCIPS, Professional certification in purchasing, procurement or supply chain is preferred
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.