Job description / Role
Position holder is responsible for all VAT compliance activities including but not limited to data collection, review, reconciliation, consolidation, preparation and payment of monthly VAT returns due by Etisalat.
Under the supervision of the Tax Director, the position holder will also be required to keep up to date with all changes in the VAT laws and regulations, provide technical advice on VAT to the various class of functions and businesses within Etisalat, and work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that all transactions that would attract VAT are accurately accounted for and reconciled. This role also requires audit support and resolution of any VAT related issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for ensuring accounting data collection, review & integrity, reconciliation, consolidation, preparation and payment of monthly VAT liability in accordance with UAE VAT laws and regulations
• Responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of accounting data and reports for VAT in the general ledger
• Assist in developing and implementing Etisalat VAT strategy, policies and procedures for VAT accounting, compliance, and audits
• Ownership of process for the preparation, validation and filing of monthly VAT returns in compliance with the relevant regulations.
• Document and improve VAT processes including VAT payments and adjustments.
• Educate an advise on queries from Etisalat businesses and functions relating to VAT and to ensure advice is understood and implemented in the business and the appropriate VAT treatment is reflected at VAT reporting and compliance level
• Keep abreast of changes in VAT laws and ensure any change in VAT legislation is properly implemented and reflected in ERP, billing and other systems used in Etisalat and VAT returns
• Deal with VAT irregularities and take remedial measures to rectify the same.
• Detect and evaluate risks as well as opportunities with respect to VAT processes. Assist Tax director in designing a VAT risk control framework for Etisalat
• Ensure that proper VAT accounts, records and archives by the respective end users and departments are held as per UAE Federal Tax Authority requirements and assist Tax Director in dealing with VAT audits
• Manage external tax advisors on VAT related issues
• Deal with any other VAT or Tax assigned issue including international OpCo’s Tax matters.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies:
• Relevant VAT experience for a minimum of 5 years in a large organization or ‘Big4’ or similar accounting/tax firm with proven extensive exposure to Indirect Tax/ VAT from an accounting, compliance and reporting perspective. Telecom experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (Essential) Master degree is a plus
• MUST HAVE Indirect Tax qualifications/training.
• Preferred - Good understanding of ORACLE General Ledger Module.
• Preferred a professional qualifications
We thank all applicants, however due to the expected large number of applicants, we will be able to contact those that are shortlisted for an interview.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||7 Sep|
Manpower Middle East
Assistant Manager Finance
The Botanic Atrium
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
Sr. Financial Accounting Officer
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Sep|