Job description / Role
Specialty Chef - B (Boldly Asian)
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Culinary, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
- Lead the entire Culinary team for our Asian outlet (Boldly Asian)
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Establishes culinary standards for the Outlet
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Conduct daily shift briefings to Kitchen Colleagues
- Manage inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and the issuing of supplies and equipment for food production
- Cost menus accurately
- Plans menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Cluster Director of Culinary
- Ensure all Kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Should be aware of the competition and industry knowledge of new techniques and other know how.
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure all the items used in the kitchen are of best quality and
- always opt to bring new ingredients or better quality produce
- Ensures the personal hygiene of colleague is up to the standard.
- Ensures that the daily logbook is utilized and complaints are immediately reported to the Cluster Director of Culinary
- Ensures that all points mentioned in the log book have been carried out i.e mis en place and other instructions to complete the operation.
- Maintains record and follow up documentation, checklists for control purposes.
- Ensure all the Dubai municipality and HACCP regulations are followed and documentation is up to date as per requirement, readiness for all hygiene audit at any given point of time.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous leadership experience as Chef de Cuisine in an Asian restaurant/outlet
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Prior experience in Asian restaurant
- Sushi chef background with modern Asian cuisine approach
- Strong passion for the art of food design
- A passion for excellence and delivering high quality personalized and unique services
- A creative and out of the box thinker, with a never say no attitude
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.