Job description / Role
Provide services that are above and beyond client’s expectation and satisfaction.
• Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the specialty kitchen.
• Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
• Coordinate with Sous/Executive Chef for menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the specialty kitchen and serving.
• Assist in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the specialty restaurant.
• Work with team to improve client and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
• Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved
• Setting and Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are met for Specialty kitchen.
• In Liaison with Executive Chef and Sous Chef develops, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for specialty kitchen.
• Supervise specialty kitchen operations and ensure compliance with all kitchen policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensuring that all expected standard and norms of Local Health Authorities (ADFCA), Company Quality Control department are meet while using the principals of HACCP at all times
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavour. Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the specialty kitchen.
• Estimates daily specialty kitchen production needs.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special events.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviour.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Supervises and manages specialty kitchen associates. Managing all day-to-day operations.
• Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
• Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters and maintain productivity level of kitchen workers.
• Cross-train employees to support successful daily operations.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Train specialty kitchen staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Offer suggestions or creative ideas that can improve upon the kitchen’s performance.
• Undertake any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Manager.
• Diploma in Culinary Arts or a combination of appropriate education and experience.
• Minimum 10 years of culinary experience working with 5-star hotel or a high-profile household.
• Knowledge of Keto / Paleo Diet
• Operating 5-star kitchen equipment, cooking tools and devices.
• Ability to communicate in English
• Ability to cook food for large and formal parties/ events.
• Superior organizing and prioritizing skills – ability to deliver in time constraint situations.
• Highly innovative presentation skills
• Strong training skills and the ability to coach, train and manage staff
• High Degree of Integrity
• Dedicated, Creative, Innovative and determined
• Courteous and well-mannered
• Attentions to finest details
• Quality and Safety Conscience Highly motivated, extremely well organized, result oriented and thrive under pressure
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.