Job description / Role
• Well-aware of the UAE codes and regulations i.e. Dubai Municipality, Trakhees, Dubai Civil Defense, Sa’afat, Estidama, etc.
• Ability to review and analyse construction drawings and documents while also developing and maintaining office-wide quality control standards.
• demonstrate exceptional knowledge in his are of specifications, materials and construction methods.
• Have significant prior experience with LEED certified projects and an awareness of both regional and local sustainability standards. The ideal candidate will be LEED-AP qualified.
• Team players, capable of supervising and supporting design and technical staff in the preparation of contract documents.
• Have knowledge of master specification compilation and updating
• 15+ years specification writing experience, with at least 5 of those spent in the UAE using NES, CSI or European equivalent formats.
• Excellent working knowledge of building materials and construction technology.
• Good working knowledge of current contract law as it applies to construction.
• Good computer skills with MS Office software suite.
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.