Job description / Role
Our client, a leading rehabilitation center, is currently looking for a Speech Language Therapist to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
• Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
• Identify treatment options
• Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
• Providing safe, effective, evidence based and comprehensive therapy services.
• Providing clinical care for own caseload but also supports or provides access to additional support for the clinical care of other patients where additional or complex/specialist assessment and intervention is required.
• Proficient analysis skills enabling high quality and highly specialized individual treatment plans.
• Providing up to date, evidence-based treatment interventions to a proficient level.
• Evaluating patient progress and progress/alter treatment programs accordingly.
• Prioritizing patient care based on continuous assessment of their ongoing needs.
• Recording clinical activities as per organizational policy and at a proficient level.
• Utilizing and promoting up to date evidence-based practice in the provision of patient & family centred care.
• Responding to all levels of emergencies according to the organizations policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate would have:
• Desired Qualifications/Certifications: BSc in Speech-Language Pathology/Speech & Language Therapy/Speech Pathology/Speech Therapy OR BSc in Communication or Psychology or Linguistics and Masters program in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited educational institution, college or university;
• Preferred Experience: Not less than 3 years as a Speech & Language Therapist/Pathologist in a large hospital or rehabilitation facility with relevant experience with Adult patients with neurological disorders including stroke and traumatic brain injury in ICU/Medical Surgical or Rehab setting.
• Must have a valid UAE Medical License or Eligibility (HAAD, MOH, DHA licenses)
• Willing to work for 48 hours per week (5 days working, Morning 8 AM to 5 PM)
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.