Job description / Role
As a trusted partner to entities across public and private sectors, Pegasus (A DarkMatter Group Company) provides cutting edge and future proof data analytics software and services aimed at providing flawless actionable intelligence. We help our clients to answer their most pressing data queries - at speed. We provide instant value by unravelling key insights from an abundance of data sources, building the next generation of lawful enforcement, fraud management, cyber security and data management solutions. We are ambitious, with a strong desire and belief in establishing the leading global Data Science, Big Data and Analytics powerhouse with the key focus on applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Whether you are working in our headquarters located in the iconic Aldar HQ building in Abu Dhabi, or one of our international offices you will be joining a firm that is constantly looking to push boundaries. Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, Pegasus is a place where they can make their big data dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
As a Speech Researcher, your main responsibility will be to work on big data speech corpuses to develop a functional and performing speech models (for various technologies including Speaker, Language, Gender Identification and Automated Speech Recognition, etc.) to complement multi-modal analytical tool being developed here in Pegasus. You will be part of a growing data science team focused on speech processing. You will have to use your creativity, intuition and strong analytical skills to overcome challenges which comes with the data you will be working on.
In this role, you will:
- Build speech processing models for challenging domains
- Follow state of the art techniques in industry and academia
- Create new approaches to accompany speech models in big data context
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of machine learning/voice recognition algorithms is essential
- Experience with transcriptions of speech data is necessary
- Linguistic/Phonetician experience is essential
- Active experience with one or more of the deep learning algorithms and framework, like Keras, CNN, LSTM, RNN, OpenCV, Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano etc.
- Master or PhD degree in Information sciences or Mathematics
- Active ability to code in one of these languages (Python, Java, C++)
- Ability to perform statistical analysis of big data
Working in Abu Dhabi
At Pegasus, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.