Job description / Role
Our client, a specialized facility is currently looking for a Speech Therapist to be based in Al Ain.
This position is responsible for evaluating patients referred to Speech Therapy, organizing and implementing individualized therapeutic programs with patients, and recording patient progress and response to treatment.
• Performs diagnostic speech pathology procedures and evaluates communication and swallowing functions of patients, inclusive of bedside swallow evaluations and dysphasia/aphasia assessments
• Interprets and reports test results to facilitate medical diagnosis in partnership with the referring physician
• Provides counseling and education to patients and their families about the patient’s diagnosis and associated impairments (swallowing, voice, motor speech and/or communication impairments), as well as importance of oral hygiene, any necessary diet modifications, compensatory treatments, and tube feeding (as necessary)
• Determines therapeutic plan, including the need for therapy, frequency of treatment, focus for intervention and duration of therapy
• Selects assistive speech devices to improve patient’s communication
• Performs re-evaluation after therapy to determine progress and thus update patient’s therapeutic plan of care as appropriate
• Maintains records of all services within the patient’s electronic medical record
• Parent and teacher training will be an important part of the role – both formal and informal circumstances.
• To plan/deliver child-centered SLT assessments & interventions to children with various needs.
• To conduct evidence-based interventions on an individual
• To develop workshops for parents, families and other professions.
• To communicate appropriately and professionally with children, parents & other professionals.
• To analyse, report and communicate the outcomes/progress in assessments & therapies.
• Experience in the field of Speech and Hearing Sciences or in Speech Language Pathology is required
• Must have a valid HAAD or DHA License or Eligibility Letter
• Candidate must be available to start immediately
• Ability to establish friendly, professional and cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians and support staff
• Ability to make accurate judgments and decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to speak and write in English is required
Please note that this position is based in Al Ain.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.