Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
To support the business by ensuring efficient demand growth for the organization through assessments of different demand initiatives, controlling spends vs budgets, evaluating performance of the initiatives and sharing learnings and guidance with the different stakeholders
Reporting: The role reports into Captain Spend Lead
- Tracking and analyzing captain subsidies and raising necessary flags to control overspend
- Support continuous improvement of current budgeting, forecasting and planning process and deliverable
- Assist in the development of scorecards, measurement tools and KPIs
- Monitor performance, highlight trends and analyze drivers of variances
- Prepare/support ad hoc reports and analysis
- Active participation in special projects
- Contribute to our continuing process improvement initiatives
- BS/BE degree
- 3+ years of related experience creating financial reports and analyzing the results to provide practical/strategic solutions to problems
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and part of a team
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Results oriented, strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Exemplary analytical ability, sharp problem solver and awesome ability to influence people
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic, target driven and able to drive achieving crazy aggressive targets
- Ability to effectively trouble-shoot problems and work collaboratively with different teams
- A bias for action, always wanting to move quickly and improve things faster
- Experience of Excel, SQL, R is a must.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.