Job description / Role
Our client, an event management organization based in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Sponsorship and Business Development Manager. Reporting to the Head of the Marketing Department, you will be expected to develop, manage and oversee Business Development & Sponsorship opportunities to support the organizations and its events, by offering value for returns on corporate social responsibility investments to participating companies and individuals. You will foster long-term partnership with current sponsors and develop new sponsor relationships around events and programs in coordination with the Senior Managers and manage private cash and in-kind fundraising in the form of appropriations and corporate sponsorships for annual events and programs.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Maintain sponsor database and ensure that all sponsors and other partners (marketing and organizational partners) are tracked and recognised appropriately.
• Oversee development and delivery of sponsorship benefits in coordination with related departments, including Education, Community, Visual Arts, Production, Marketing & Communications.
• Report on the overall performance of the Business Development and Sponsorship Management Department's activities.
• Ensure the availability of resources required to carry out all tasks related to sponsorship & partnership development.
• Identify and fill the technology needs of the role to ensure that processes are performed efficiently and cost effectively.
• Keep a record of all expenditure incurred through the development of each sponsor.
• Execute and monitor functions, goals, objectives and programmes of sponsorship development.
• Identify optimum strategy based on opportunities in the organizatioin’s programme and develop the partnership prospectus.
• Coordinate with all related departments and programme heads to develop relevant narratives for sponsorship opportunities.
• Update senior management on progress and status of sponsorships and coordinate closely with the financial committee.
• Work in cohesion with relevant Senior Managers to ensure that sponsorship and marketing efforts are integrated across all events and programmes.
• Deliver on branding, PR and hospitality commitments for all sponsors during agreed upon commitments.
• Oversee day-to-day management of all sponsor relations and fulfillment of agreements, and maintain critical paths for sponsor relations during programmes and festival events.
• Develop and implement business strategies that maintain existing sponsorship and increase potential for new sponsorship.
• Coordinate all sponsorship & partnership development functions and resources, ensuring that all functions are executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Have 5 years of related experience and be familiar with the UAE social and business scene.
• Exhibit strong command of current best practices for any and all matters pertaining to successful business development & sponsorship methodology and application.
• Ability to manage and oversee relationships with all senior management and organization’s Stakeholders.
• Have worked in live events in the UAE with strong connection to various organizations, private institutions, VVIPs, government entities, schools and universities
• Flexible and willing to work outside normal working hours
• Willing to be based in Abu Dhabi
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.