Job description / Role
Amazon Payment Services (previously known as Payfort) is a trusted online payment service provider enabling businesses, governments, SMEs, startups and institutions to accept online payments in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordon, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar & Kuwait.
We are seeking an exceptional Sr. Business Development Manager with proven enterprise/government client engagement and digital transformation experience to join our Go-to-market team. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, high-growth, cross-functional initiative - on a team where every day is Day 1.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, tech-savvy, team oriented, an effective communicator, have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful business development career and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. At the same time, a solid understanding of, and passion for payments technology and ability to debug and analyze technical problems is absolutely needed.
This position is based in our Dubai headquarter.
- Identify and prospect large opportunities in the region for Amazon Payment Services.
- Conduct discovery and solutioning calls with the clients to build a pipeline
- Drive revenue targets by acquiring large and strategic merchants across verticals and specifically government and semi-government entities.
- You will be involved in closing large/complex deals which will require significant negotiation skills and also a good technical understanding of different merchant platforms.
- The role will also require significant influencing across internal functions like the legal team to execute complex contracts, the finance team to create sales promotion programs and provide P&L inputs.
- Post go-live, the Sr. BDM is also responsible for setting up the merchant for success by providing high touch consultations to grow and retain the account.
- Work with business leaders from product groups to analyze market data to identify trends/opportunities, utilize extensive network of relationships with the relevant industry to gather market intelligence, and execute on business development opportunities.
- Identify, develop and optimize org processes and contribute in development of playbooks, SOPs and wikis.
- Report effectively on account health, revenue pipeline, and provide bridge plans (revenue opportunities and risks), to your account team members and management
- 10+ years of total work experience with 5+ years in E-commerce, Digital Payments, Digital transformation domain
- Educated to a degree in a business or in a technical discipline
- Passionate about digital payments, e-commerce and sales
- Ability to create and implement a strategic vision
- Ability to handle the day-to-day management of tasks and resolution of problems
- Proven analytical skills and quantitative skills with ability to manage the business by the numbers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cultural awareness as well as the ability to work effectively across functions (finance, marketing, sales operations, legal etc.)
- Motivation to drive the business, proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves to achieve goals
- Fluency in Arabic
- MBA or Technical degree from tier 1 institutions
- Experience in e-commerce, retail or with payment systems in MENA region
- Experience is managing Government and Semi-Government Verticals
- Experience in data analysis, either professional experience or through your education
- Excellent written spoken communication in English
- Fluency in Arabic
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.