Sr. Internal Auditor - Shipping
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
• To conduct assurance and consulting engagements and exercise good business judgement and skills to develop appropriate audit recommendations in accordance with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
Audit Plans and Programs:
• Assist in the development of the audit program for each audit assignment before the commencement of the audit.
• This should be documented as a template with risks, control, and tests to be performed.
Operational and Financial Audit:
• Conduct internal audit assignments for evaluation of adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities in all business processes/segments.
• Conduct financial and operational audits to assure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control.
• Follow all the items recorded in the Check List/Audit Programs of Finance/ Procurement/ HR/ project etc and up-date and amend the checklist/audit programs after discussing with the audit department for approval and implementation if needed.
• Review the approval process to ensure that Group policies/procedures and Delegation of Authorities are complied with.
• Ensure that procedures are in place to ensure the assets of the Group are safeguarded.
Audit Reports and Records:
• Documentation of audit work that can fully support the audit findings.
• Prepare professional audit reports which should be able to communicate findings, analysis, appraisals, recommendations, and information concerning the activities audited.
• Discuss preliminary audit findings with the Internal Audit Department Manager & then with concerned staff/Management to highlight observations and to get concurrences.
• Assist the Manager in preparation of executive summary for each engagement along with the detailed report and audit follow-up form.
• Carry out follow-up reviews on the implementation of audit recommendations.
• Perform additional responsibilities that may be added from time to time depending on organisational requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Related Field with 3 years post qualification regional internal audit experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified .
• Professional Certification: CPA \CIA\ACCA.
• Excellent IT proficiency (MS Office)
• Excellent Business Communication In English.
• Excellent Process management and process improvement skills
• Knowledge of accepted auditing practices and principles.
About the Company
Etimad Holding is a technology solutions and services company with dedicated focus on security system solutions, system integration, project fulfillment and execution. We are a dynamic company comprising of highly skilled individuals capable of providing solutions in our field as per the user's requirements/demands.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant and Auditor
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors