Job description / Role
• The purpose of this position is to manage the ‘Devices (smartphones, accessories, router, dongles, CPEs, etc.) from end-to-end perspective i.e. from forecasting, allocation, optimization, ready-for-sales and reverse logistics (Return & Exchange).
• The job is managerial in nature that requires reviewing the Devices Business from holistic view including forecasting, allocations to the channel, optimizing stocks at outlets, ensuring just-in-time movement across channel to prevent loss of opportunity, timely returns of the non-moving stock, reporting, proactively clearing IT issues, reconciliation, market analytics, etc.
• The work requires recommendations to unit director and coordination with managers, senior manager, director and VP level of other functions in order to execute the units plan.
• Experience: 10+ years experience in inventory, distribution and operational procedures. Proven experience as inventory management or similar position
• Communication Skills: Inventory managers will need to speak with coworkers and customers on a regular basis.
• Leadership Skills: Inventory managers will need to manage a team and resolve conflicts, as well as keep the team motivated and on-task. Positive attitude towards work.
• Critical-Thinking Skills: Inventory managers will need to devise plans of action and asses those plans regularly.
• Organizational & Planning Skills: Multiple orders, people and many moving pieces will keep inventory managers on their toes.
• Problem-Solving Skills: Inventory managers will need to be ready when problems arise, or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP, Wincash, CBCB, etc.)
• Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
• An analytical mind with strong Microsoft excel skills
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Bachelors degree in business administration. logistics or relevant field;
• Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM) will be a plus
Planning & Organization
• Understand and manage the needs of various sales channel for devices and do rolling forecasting and planning to meet units devices requirements
• Optimization of stock of each SKUs wise, device wise, etc (all items under Device Management team) in each outlets, partners for maximum revenue opportunity
• Daily analysis of the stock available in each outlet & channel and accordingly move stocks accurately for replacement
• Understand market dynamics of devices (marketing research, update market intelligence, competition) and demand appropriate stocks from relevant department with recommendation to unit director
• Manage the analytics, organize reporting of all devices in terms of sales, stock on hand, movements, potential shortfalls and highlight key risks to unit director in meeting objectives and goals
• Progressively learn about emerging technologies in the area of inventory management. Proactively clearing systems issues such as reconciliation, systems status discrepancy, system uniformity, etc.
• Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus and analyze data to anticipate future needs
• Collaborate with warehouse and other staff to ensure business goals are met and sales opportunities are met
• Financial Excellence: Budgets, Revenue/Profit & Costs
• Contribute towards meeting profit and loss (P&L) for the devices management.
• Contribute towards introducing controls that will prevent loss of sales opportunity
• Customer Excellence: Internal/External Customer Engagement & Relationship Management
• Design and control the Customer Experience that assist in facilitating devices to the customers
• Monitor, analyse and take action on customer data, market data and channel data in order to resolve their issues and implement preventive actions
• Engagement with external partners forging strategic alliances in improving operational excellences
• People Excellence: Learning & Growth
• Regular participation in the relevant learning sessions conducted by the company
• Provide continuous inputs and support to other team members with a view to ensure continuous improvement and integration of best practice and standards.
• Work with other functions and facilitate meeting units objectives and goals
• Agree with direct supervisor in acquiring additional skills that is required to carry out this role
• Process Excellence: Operational Efficiency & Risk Management
• Design control processes that will allow devices inventory flow seamlessly from end-to-end perspective.
• Manage compliance with telecom regulatory body, company policies, government and cultural sensitivities to minimize company risks.
• Create processes to optimize manual work in managing devices.
• Introduce initiatives to automate and streamline manual operations.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Oct|