Job description / Role
The BC/DR and Crisis Management Unit member identified to act as BC/DR Coordinator will handle the following responsibilities:
1. Review Etisalat crisis management and business continuity plans
2. Process emergency notification from internal or external.
3. Assemble the crisis management team according to the nature of the emergency
4. Facilitate the BC/DR meetings
5. Act as the team focal point during the emergency
6. Ensure that emergency facilities are functional
7. Ensure agreed actions are carried out on time
8. Monitor the progress of actions
9. Keep the management closely informed of all developments and information
10. Critique emergency response for effectiveness and efficiency
11. Review and correct any procedural deficiencies
12. Initiate post-incident analysis
13. Ensure the lessons learned from incidents are captured.
• Business Continuity experience, including creating BC plans, conducting Risk assessments and Business Impact Assessments.
• Understanding of BCMS and exposure to BS25999 standards.
• Strong IP network knowledge and experience.
• Strong telecom background, including experience with various telecom services.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.