Job description / Role
Job Title Sr. Marketing Manager
Unit Corporate Support
To strategize, manage and develop the Marketing and Communication (MarCom) function, ensuring the implementation of appropriate operating models to align the execution of activities with organizational priorities and objectives that define and refine Abu Dhabi Portsâ€™ products and services, cost efficiently create the communications that generate enquiries encourage sales and measure the success of marketing programs.
Lead the MarCom team to satisfy the Job Purpose above.
- Review product and service offers against all new research.
- Communicate new requirements to the divisions concerned
- Ensure that MarCom strategies are sound.
- Develop new strategies when required recommending any research necessary
- Ensure publication of development plans for agreed marketing
- Activity and monitor progress against them
- Brief communication suppliers and manage creative processes
- Liaise with management to secure approvals
- Ensure timed delivery of campaign elements
- Coordinate campaign with Corporate Communication activities
- Manage review of marketing activities including any research necessary to evaluate impact on audiences
- Strong knowledge of developing marketing and communication strategies for business to business operations
- Track record of managing development of communications including TV, newspaper, magazine, radio, outdoor and trade press advertising, PR programmes, visitor centres, on line and website activities, events, exhibitions and sponsorships, brochure ware, electronic mailings, physical mailings, round tables, presentations and roadshows, industry specific literature
- Experience in using market and consumer research tools to develop strategy and evaluate activities
- Ability to prepare and analyze technical and administrative reports, statements, and correspondence
- Work as a Senior Manager of the MarCom Department to contribute to the development of marketing and communications strategies and to lead execution of communications plans aimed at building business for a large, mixed use industrial & port development.
- Work with research team to develop an understanding of target markets and audiences and what they seek from Abu Dhabi Ports (AD Ports) business units
- Build a detailed knowledge of the competition and what AD Ports offers that is different.
- Help refine AD Ports product and service offerings as suggested by research.
- Help develop communication plans that reach defined audiences cost efficiently.
- Work with the MarCom Team to ensure that all communication plans are executed efficiently.
- Work with research team to assess the results of activities and adjust plans if necessary for subsequent campaigns.
Key Internal Contacts:
AD Ports VPs
- AD Ports Divisions
Key External Contacts:
- Government Departments and Entities
Objectives and Role Profile
Areas of responsibility include the following;
- Develop targeted programmes aimed at specific industry audiences and designed to encourage enquiries to the website, visitor centres and direct to Business Development. These may include electronic mailings, physical mailings, invitations to events and conferences, round tables, presentations and roadshows, industry specific literature and trade press advertising.
- Liaise with external regulatory authorities and stakeholders as necessary
- Supervise the day-to-day tasks of team members and external suppliers, monitor performance to ensure that deadlines service objectives, policies, procedures and performance targets are met
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing preferably with a Post Graduate Marketing qualification
- Five years experience at Senior Management level or equivalent that includes a track record of success in marketing high value products or services to major clients, including multinational corporations in an international business to business environment
- Experience team leader that can recruit, manage, direct, and motivate team members
Note Maritime experience a plus
Key Tasks and Performance Indicators
People Management Responsibilities
Works closely with:
- Research Team
- Business Development
- External Communications suppliers
Other departments within AD Ports and its Business Units
- Liaise with present to potential customers when required
- Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English and Arabic, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative team working relationships
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and establish a high level of credibility as a representative of AD Ports
- Degree in Business or Marketing preferably with a Post Graduate Marketing qualification
- Fluency in English & Arabic
- Combined agency and client experience
About the Company
As a master developer of ports, we at Abu Dhabi Ports are firmly focused on the big picture – diversification of the UAE economy. Our objective is to act as a catalyst for development and trade in the emirate, allowing our customers and stakeholders to benefit from the highest levels of service, marked by excellence and transparency.
Today, we are competing with the best ports and industrial zones in the world having earned a reputation for exceptional, value-added services.