Job description / Role
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are looking for a dynamic, organized "run with it" self-starter to join as a Sr. Product Manager for a highly strategic initiative across MENA.
In this role, you will oversee the launch and product roadmap development for a new experience impacting our customers, sellers and vendors.
The basic requirements for the candidate for this role are to have launched products and features at a consumer product or tech company previously, with a comfort in working with Tech teams and horizontally across stakeholder sets. These skill sets can be learned, and candidates with other backgrounds, including in Management Consulting, are encouraged to apply.
• A rock-star candidate will also excel in Think Big, with analytical horsepower, business judgment, strong negotiations skills, a deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers.
• As a Product Owner, you will influence the behavior of hundreds of thousands of customers adopting a new service into their everyday lives.
• You will have the unique challenge of delivering innovation at scale while balancing operational efficiencies to create digital experiences that reflect shifting consumer behavior patterns.
• You will partner with Engineering, Design, Analytics, Marketing, Operations and others to define and execute your roadmap while maintaining agility and speed of delivery.
• Bachelor's degree; MBA is a plus
• 5+ years of experience in product management or general management
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Experience in agile, lean startup product management processes.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with proper product & project management techniques
• Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments
• Experience using Excel and similar analytical tools to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations, and to support project requests from partner teams
• You've launched products and features at a tech or consumer products company before
• Previous experience with consumer products, online grocery, food delivery, or ops/supply chain
• Fluency in Arabic and experience living in the Middle East highly desirable
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.