Job description / Role
Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and we are looking for a Sr. Program Manager to join the MENA Returns team. Return's scope is to enhance returns CX for our customers, reduce customer returns, simplify the customer returns process/journey, and reduce financial losses from customer returns and make it sustainable.
Amazon’s vision is to be ‘earth’s most customer centric company’ and the Returns PM will be:
· Assuming end to end ownership for metrics and program initiatives of returns CX
· Incept and lead new programs in the AMS space
· Identifying opportunities, defining solutions, getting leadership buy in, prioritization of resources for the identified programs
· Working with multiple teams including Category, Marketing, CS, Transportation, Supply Chain and the FCs, and techto run the programs
· Deliver through influencing other teams to change, through the use of quantitative and qualitative data provided to stakeholders with often conflicting KPIs
· Working with MENA and WW stakeholders to innovate on behalf of the emerging customer
· Expected to challenge any threats to experience, advocate on behalf of customers, and communicate risks in a timely manner
Key traits of Returns PM
· Customer obsessed
· An experienced business manager
· Extensive stakeholder management and relationship building
· Compelling written and oral communication skills
· Enthusiastic about solving complex problems
· Comfortable operating in fast paced environment
· A data based decision maker
· Entrepreneurial spirit to identify and kick-start new program
· Willingness to roll up sleeves and take care of emerging operational issues hands on
Due to the nature of the role, you will work with cross-functional teams including Retail, Operations, Tech, Finance, Legal, among others.
This role will be based out of Dubai (UAE).
· Must-have experience/criteria for role: - minimum 4 years experience in complex program management
· Proven track record of customer obsession.
· Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
· Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
· Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize projects.
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
· Ability to work with technology teams and operations teams
· Prior Product Management, Program Management, or Category Management experience
· Knowledge of Reverse Logistics and Operation
· Knowledge of process improvement technique
· MBA preferred
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.