Job description / Role
Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and we are looking for a Sr. Program Manager to join the After Market Services (AMS) business. AMS's scope is to enhance returns CX for our customers, reduce customer returns, simplify the customer returns process/journey, and reduce financial losses from customer returns and make it sustainable.
Amazon’s vision is to be ‘earth’s most customer centric company’ and the Returns PM will be:
• assuming end to end ownership for metrics and program initiatives of returns CX
• incept and lead new programs in the AMS space
• identifying opportunities, defining solutions, getting leadership buy in, prioritization of resources for the identified programs
• working with multiple teams including Category, Marketing, CS, Transportation, Supply Chain and the FCs, and techto run the programs
• deliver through influencing other teams to change, through the use of quantitative and qualitative data provided to stakeholders with often conflicting KPIs
• working with MENA and WW stakeholders to innovate on behalf of the emerging customer
• expected to challenge any threats to experience, advocate on behalf of customers, and communicate risks in a timely manner
Key traits of AMS PM
• customer obsessed
• an experienced business manager
• extensive stakeholder management and relationship building
• compelling written and oral communication skills
• enthusiastic about solving complex problems
• comfortable operating in fast paced environment
• a data based decision maker
• entrepreneurial spirit to identify and kick-start new program
• willingness to roll up sleeves and take care of emerging operational issues hands on
Due to the nature of the role, you will work with cross-functional teams including Retail, Operations, Tech, Finance, Legal, among others.
This role will be based out of Dubai (UAE).
• minimum 4 years experience in complex program management
• proven track record of customer obsession.
• demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
• ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
• demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
• demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize projects.
• exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
• ability to work with technology teams and operations teams
• prior Product Management, Program Management, or Category Management experience
• knowledge of Reverse Logistics and Operations
• knowledge of process improvement technique
• MBA preferred
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.