Job description / Role
Souq.com is looking to hire a Sr. Program Manager who will be responsible for delivering new initiatives related to launching media category on souq. In this job you will be responsible for planning, and launching physical Arabic and English books in 3 locals ksa, uae and egypt bot on retail and via 3rd party sellers. In addition to leading all digital media Arabic content, and working closely with Amazon content (Kindle e reader, Prime Video, Music) to conceiving, prioritizing, and executing development projects in the region required to launching this content. You will work directly with development teams, finance, devices teams and business teams to deliver projects that drive our key business metrics.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Books will primatily be on 3P
• Word closely with the 3p lead in each locale to develop the physical category
• Work closely with the AGS or other international sellers for global books
• Work cross-functionally with software development engineers, operations managers, finance managers, and vendor managers to implement program features
• Manage adoption blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Conduct and/or oversee requirements definition, research, metrics analysis, development, testing, and launch efforts.
• Document and present strategies and updates to senior management
• Work with designers to optimize product features for enhanced user experience
• Work with marketing and PR teams to launch in our region
• BA/BS Required
• 10 more experience in category management
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
• Strong analytical and quantitative background (work experience in Arabic publishing houses, media, TV or marketing is preferred)
• Fluency in Arabic and English
• MBA/MS/MA preferred
• Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
• Must have bias for action, and experience driving execution
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.
• Experience in technology/consumer products is preferred
• Experience working in a startup is preferred
• Strong network in Arabic public affairs, government, media houses, NGO, is preferred
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.