Job description / Role
The Sr. Project Manager / Operations Manager (PMOM) is responsible for the execution of regional and international turnkey and limited scope projects. The successful candidate will be a hands-on project manager that is not afraid to get involved in the details. The candidate will also take charge of managing a team of approx. 10 engineers in Sharjah office. The position shall work alongside the Director – Operations (USA) and assure proper communication and cooperation between US Corporate and MENA offices.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assure all aspects of projects are being executed efficiently and cohesively, both on budget and on schedule.
• Prepare project plans for existing and new projects, including HSE, Method Statements, Responsibility Matrices, Installation Bid Packages, Customer Submittals & QC Plans.
• Create, manage and be responsible for project schedules and assuring project stakeholders meet deadlines.
• Responsible for submitting submittals and O&Ms to customers, as well as having discussions with consultants to get them approved.
• Become the primary point of contact for all Middle East North Africa (MENA) and international customers and participate in regular on-site and coordination meetings with all project stakeholders.
• Be familiar with Contracts Management, and coordinate with Accounting to get invoices send and paid on time.
• Engage with local and regional suppliers to assure compliance with project specifications.
• Develop and manage detailed scopes of work for field installation of projects, including evaluation of contractor bids and change order management.
• Evaluate equipment, proposals and internal designs for reliability and integrity.
• Estimate civil, mechanical, and electrical costs for turnkey projects.
• Assess risks related to implementation and creating project execution plans.
• Assure project closure via complete startup and turnover and managing documentation delivery.
• Effectively manage MENA execution team.
• Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in Mechanical, Environmental or Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant industry experience. Experience in O&G is a plus.
• Proficient using MS Office and MS Project. SolidWorks, AutoCad, and BIM Modeling experience a plus.
• Ability to lead a small team and have demonstrated ability to be a leader.
• Have a positive, “can do” mindset, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solver and a growth mindset.
• Have good command of the English language.
• Located in UAE and must have a valid UAE driver’s license.
About the Company
One of the leading manufacturing companies in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Construction
Senior Project Manager
Operations Manager - Facilities Management
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||28 May|