Sr. Quantity Surveyor
Job description / Role
The Quantity Surveyor is charged with the responsibility of correlating information relating to all financial aspects of the project. The candidate will be responsible for conducting MEP Quantity Surveying duties on the project and assisting the QS Department and site team in all related commercial and contractual requirements. Should be aware of all financial matters and proper maintaining of quantity books and shall advise the Quantity Manager regarding all financial matters. Expected to have a thorough knowledge of this manual and other procedures and instructions and efficiently keep current all project records related to quantity surveying.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ·
• Reviews and replies to all correspondences regarding payments and variations with subcontractors / suppliers.
• Prepares all payment applications and variations of subcontractors / suppliers.
• Gathers all data and documents on Site and from other departments for main contract payments, variations and financial part of claims with clients.
• Performs all necessary quantity take offs required.
• Assists in the preparation of the commercial part of claims and reports.
• Studies the subcontractors / suppliers' payments and variations' status.
• Maintains the project filing system of all payments, variations and financial claims.
• Assist Quantity Surveyor Manager (HO) to analyze commercial situations with subcontractors / suppliers.
• Attends to negotiation of changes, modifications and claims with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Attends to closure of main contract / subcontracts / supply agreements.
• Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree (BEng) in Quantity Surveying or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience within an MEP contracting organization in the Gulf region.
• Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse and able to accurately forecast cost
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills
• Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Demonstrable experience in Residential, Commercial, IT Park, Hotel, Shopping mall project experience
• MEP engineers with demonstrable commercial experience shall be considered
About the Company
Galaxy Advanced General Cont Co was established in year 2004 as an MEP Sub-contracting firm. Since then our primary focus has been upon serving multinational service providers and property development firms and individuals, with various services related to MEP construction. Through our extensive task history of constructing ventures we have developed a customer service business philosophy. Proactive and timely customer service is the backbone of our company from the owner to all employees (office staff, project managers and field personnel) our aim is to please our customers/clients.
Galaxy is actively involved building exclusive MEP projects in the region. We have completed a number of contracts with various multinational and local companies and individuals. Our Motto is “We believe in quality not quantity”. We are experienced in providing quality services and products. Galaxy Advanced General Cont Co helps clients’ designs, build and facilitate logistics through a network of facilities covering most areas of UAE. This presence provides our clients with complete designs, engineering and material supply resources that are vertically integrated with Engineering solutions to optimize their operation by lowering their costs and reducing their time to market. With new engineering developments and changes in the field of architecture and construction, the demand of these services is on rise. With exponential growth in construction demand, we are fully equipped to face the challenges of tomorrow in collaboration with our highly Qualified Professional team. With our comprehensive designs and engineering services, we are meeting the requirements of the end users.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Search Heads Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||8 Aug|
|Saudi Arabia||31 Jul|
Quantity Surveyor - Fit Out
Quantity Surveyor Engineer