Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are looking for a Senior Resident Engineer, with over twenty years' experience to manage and administer a Contract that includes supervision, coordination, testing and commissioning of the works, with emphasis on meeting the contract requirements with respect to quality, time and budget, during the construction phase on a major roads & infrastructure project in KSA
A typical week would include:
* Establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* Initiate and respond to contract correspondence to and from Client, and contractual correspondence with the Contractor
* Officially handover the site to the contractor
* Arrange, chair and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* Establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Review the contractor's HSE plan and ensures that the safety procedures are followed at site
* Review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow
* Monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output
* Implement QMS requirements and conduct regular Audits
* Ensure the contractor liaises with service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programmes and regular follow-up
* Certify interim and finalize payments after full review and consultation with the responsible RE, ARE and Quantity Surveyor
* Prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* Issue taking-over and defects liability certificates as required under the contract
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 20 years' experience of managing major roads/bridges construction projects with International Consultants.
* Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
* Comprehensive experience in associated discipline software
* Experienced in acting as the Engineer under FIDIC based contract
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.