Job description / Role
Sr Staff Account Manager - Digital Sales Direct - ServiceMax
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
ServiceMax from GE Digital is a leading industry provider of field service management software - an estimated $25 billion market worldwide. The company continues to reimagine and create solutions for the 20 million people globally who install, maintain, and repair machines across dozens of industries as the leading provider of complete end-to-end mobile and cloud-based technology for the sector.
ServiceMax brings together the right data at the right moment to delight customers and drive business results at the crucial point of service. We're rethinking field service, and delivering cutting edge technology to help companies perfect service delivery, drive revenue and growth, and delight customers. Come be part of our innovative team!
In this strategic Sales position, you will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities within existing and new accounts, identifying, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among other responsibilities. S/he will drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment, pilot and SmartStart programs, GE Digital ecosystem coordination, etc
S/he will work closely with the other staff members in all GE businesses to drive and lead growth in service, software, and outcome-driven revenue generation. S/he will partner closely with leaders to drive the creation and development of an overall sales readiness vision in the context of our expanding global business.
- Develop a solution selling framework for GE business — tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
- Establish a deep understanding of customers' business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint.
- Add value to the customer's business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership.
- Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results.
- Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals.
- Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the "go high / go low" strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars - Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
- Leverage the "Big GE" by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
- Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
- Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
- Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or related discipline
- 10-15 years of software industry experience minimum with proven track record
- Must be able to travel 50% -/+ of the
- Trains others on how to thoroughly analyze market data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for management to make decisions and act quickly; Links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
- Effectively manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical; Utilizes industry knowledge and skillsets to support an industry relevant line of questioning and resultant problem solving definition; recommends decisions that inform commercial growth strategies.
- Proactively identifies pipeline risks and develops mitigation plans; Proactively shares 'best practices' to improve pipeline efficiency; Helps to develop sales team relationships with key contacts.
- Able to take products, services, solutions knowledge and connect them to customers' objectives to develop differentiated opportunities for GE; Draws upon non-traditional solutions; Constantly thinks out of the box & outside domain of expertise to develop creative solutions that meet ongoing customer needs.
- Coaches and mentor's others on how to collect, analyze, and share information about market trends and competitors to increase customer retention and attract new business; Proactively identifies trends via data analysis and makes strategic recommendations as appropriate.
- Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer - actively reviews accounts, meets with customers, observes sales force, etc.
- Coaches and trains others on how to manage account relationships to proactively identify and address client needs and convert competitive installs to GE solutions.
- Utilizes customer's feedback or current top objectives to form a comprehensive understanding of the customers' needs; Communicates multiple reference stories or trends with supporting data. Demonstrates effective time management in preparation for conversations/ discovery process;
- Establishes, maintains, and grows key executive relationships within customer accounts; Adept at navigating political and hierarchical landscape and facilitates the customer decision making process.
- Routinely seeks out and uses a variety of sources of financial data to obtain relevant industry, company and customer financial data; Can use financial information to formulate insights on the customers' strategy and potential value opportunities.
- Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
- Proactive in seeking out new digital platforms to drive deeper connections with customers - such as heat mapping existing relationships on LinkedIn to identify new sales opportunities, active in industry groups/blogs to gain exposure to target audiences and viewed as a domain expert
- Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives.
- Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization.
- Thoroughly analyzes data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems.
- Develops acceptable mitigation strategies that consider T&Cs of customers, competition and partners and key differentiators while also meeting business objectives.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilization.
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.