Job description / Role
Amazon Payment Services is seeking a capable Sr. Technical Program Manager to delight our customers with the best payment experience while providing them with the highest level of security. To achieve this vision, the Sr. Technical Program Manager will lead the delivery of large, significantly complex, cross-functional technology and business initiatives.
As a TPM at Amazon Payment Services, you will be responsible for managing and delivering new initiatives by building bridges across technology, compliance, legal, product, business, and security teams. You will lead the planning of discovery exercises, develop internal and external partnerships, gather regional security and compliance requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify resourcing requirements, assign individual responsibilities, manage dependencies, develop milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of new projects.
You will work directly with technology experts, business leaders, security evangelists, and various other leaders at Amazon to deliver important initiatives at Amazon Payment Services. To be successful, the TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of delivering technology projects with cross-functional leadership
- Be able to dive into technical domains to understand engineering dependencies and remove roadblocks
- Communicate effectively with business and technical partners
- Identify and drive continuous process improvements across teams
- Showcase relentlessly high standards who constantly pushes for excellence
- Always seeks opportunities to improve our current state (and is never satisfied with status quo)
- Develop strong partnerships to build leverage and influence teams
- Effectively communicate at various levels of the organization
- Work with cross-functional leadership, software development, security engineers, and management across Amazon to develop forward-looking roadmap and solutions.
- 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
- 4+ years’ experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level
- Payments industry experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with availability, performance, and security
- Experience with information security engineering or management
- PMP or equivalent
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.