Job description / Role
MENA Tech focuses on building innovative solutions for expanding Amazon business in UAE, KSA and Egypt. We are looking for an energetic, focused and skilled Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead programs for one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon and can help in building innovative & mission critical system software applications & tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience leading software development projects
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Experienced in understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s).
- Ability to understand and evaluate architectural designs for strengths and weaknesses and balance technical trade-offs against business ones.
- expert in writing technical documentations.
- Track record for managing complex technology projects
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
- Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.