SSHEQ Manager (Emirati National)
Job description / Role
Leading the organizational entity SSHEQ The organization mandate is the following:
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with security, health and safety regulations, environmental regulations, and quality control, on-site companies facilities and in its environment.
• To support that sustainability performance considerations are incorporated into the company’s strategic process and final planning.
• Properly controlling and reducing waste generation and disposal and natural resource use inproducts , services , processes and operations ; incorporating environmental concerns into design decisions.
• To support equipment is energy efficient and meets or improves environmental, health, safety, and other sustainability requirements.
• To support ethic and sustainability policies for employees, contractors, suppliers, distributors and stakeholders of the company to strengthen the integrity of compliance systems.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
• Contribute to the Department short- and long-term strategy from the Department's perspective in line with vision and mission
• Develop the Department's strategy, objectives, KPIs annual operational plans and ensure plan execution is meeting the targets.
• Prepare and submit the Department's annual budget for approval taking all planned activities and necessary investments into consideration by monitoring the financial performance.
• Oversee the development, maintenance, implementation and adherence of the department policies and procedures as well as the overall performance of the department and ensure KPI’s are well developed, cascaded, communicated, and monitored
• Ensure effective staffing, professional development, and deployment of staff of the Department in consultation with the Department Executive
• Direct the Department's connection to its customers, whether internal or external, to ensure customer needs are met effectively.
• Be a SSHEQ culture leader for the company and its employees.
• Build and maintain a close relationship with surrounding neighbors and local authorities ensuring that all SSHEQ matters are addressed and handled timely and professionally and always in compliance with both industry, company and client standards.
• Ensure SSHEQ compliance with companies facility constructing and operating permits.
• Guide in quality, lower impact on the environment, lower levels of waste, improved customer satisfaction, higher employee morale, fewer accidents (and lower costs associated with these), and ongoing legal compliance with statutory requirements.
• Liaise on frequent basis all SSHEQ matters with operations and technical department of companies facility.
• Responsible for management of companies industry certification such as CDI, SQAS, RC etc. and related audits.
• Responsible for management of companies ISO quality system and other certification and related audits.
• Responsible for management of the companies environmental compliance, waste management and registration processes.
• Responsible for management of the companies security systems, ISPS certification, auditing and staffing.
• Responsible for management of the employees’ health, provision of PPEs and safe working environment.
• Emirati National
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree Preferred)
• 12 years of relevant experience with 6 years in a managerial role
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health, Safety, Wellbeing and Security Lead
Quality, Health & Safety Engineer - Aviation
|Abu Dhabi||22 Nov|
|Abu Dhabi||7 Dec|