Job description / Role
Together we entertain more than 100,000 passengers a day whilst in-flight.
Thales Group and Thales in United Arab Emirates
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in UAE for over 35 years and with over 300 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and a ir traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
Thales people design solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world's largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
IN-FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT (IFE)
What does it take to develop a world-class entertainment system that's used 30,000 feet in the air? The Thales In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFE) product offers an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies 40% of the world's IFE systems and is committed to becoming the industry leader. Trusted by over 100 airline companies and used by over 200 million passengers a year, the Thales InFlyt Experience team powers the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
We are currently looking for a Station Manager to join the Thales Team in the Middle East.
The Station Manager will be responsible for the management of IFE on board maintenance as per contractual & operational requirements with Operator.
• Manage the On Board Maintenance Activity (objectives, performance follow-up, corrective action): Dispatch, Media Loading, inflight Events and provide forecast on future activities
• Provide OEM expertise (MPD, reliability analysis, events management, media, etc.)
• Manage Entry Into Service Projects for new Customers & Products (training, spares, resources requirements)
• Ensure the tracking of maintenance activities in Thales IFE maintenance system (SERVO)
• Implement applicable Thales QA and safety reference system (GMM / GMMS, SMS)
• Manage IFE Logistics & Thales owned stock of LRU's and consumables
• Coordinate with Thales back office departments (training, engineering, Techpub, AOC, customer & product support, program, QA)
• Provide reporting & monitor objectives (monthly KPI, bi weekly reviews) to customers and internally
• Manage customer relationship (daily ops meeting & bi weekly reviews)
• Provide and manage IFE specific tools (data loaders, bench loaders, crimping tools)
• Manage quotations and invoicing with customers for out of scope work
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Significant previous experience in cabin/IFE maintenance with an A/C manufacturer or an airline (10 years +)
• Team Management
• Fluent in English(speaking, reading and writing)
• Customer focused and Autonomous
• Computer Knowledge (Pack Office, ERP, Databases)
• Valid driving license
• Communication skills (written and oral)
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor or Master degree in electronics /aeronautics engineering
• B2 Avionics License preferred.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the United Arab Emirates, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Customer Service & Logistics Supervisor (Supply Chain)
Getinge Group Middle East
General Manager - Facilities Management Service Provider
Big Fish Recruitment
Office Services Manager
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jan|
Schindler Pars International Limited
|Abu Dhabi||6 Feb|