Job description / Role
As a Data Analyst you should have good exposure to work in a fast-paced Agile IT environment. You need to have a proven track record of working with large data sets with experience of delivery complex analytical and insights work to relevant stakeholders.
You will also perform ad-hoc statistical and data science analyses.
• Deliver rapid value to users leading up to insight driven analysis to the forefront of its decision-making capability.
• Understand and translate business needs into sustainable and scalable analytics solutions and data models supporting the long-term business solution.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
• Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions
• Review modifications to existing solutions to improve efficiency and performance.
• Examine new application design and recommend optimization measures if required.
• Identify reference data, custom groups and hierarchies that support multiple innovative business use cases from single sets of transactional data.
• Work closely with Data science, BI and Data engineering teams.
• Document designs and report results to product management on a regular basis
• Own data quality throughout all data life-cycles, including acquisition, cleaning, processing, and validation.
• Understand algorithms (be able to tweak them when needed) as well as infrastructure that enables fast iterations
• Knowledge in Spark, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka and NoSQL databases is plus
• Ability to meaningfully present results of analyses in a clear and impactful manner
• Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years
• Hands-on, end-to-end BI experience in requirements management, design and development with a focus on solution design, data modelling and data management.
• Strong experience of complex analytical and insights work
• Extensive exposure to high volume enterprise grade data management platforms like Redshift, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum and similar.
• Extensive experience in the design and usage of enterprise BI tools such as MicroStrategy, SAP BO, Tableau, IBM Cognos, Qlik and similar.
• Experience with (open source) big data technologies and the relevant ecosystem and tools such as HDFS, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, Spark, Storm, Hawq, Druid, Flume, Sqoop, Kafka and similar.
• Ability to communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to cross functional groups.
• Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges.
• Experience with at least one of the following languages Python, R.
• Experience in working on data sets related to industry verticals, preferably Education Science
• Intuitive ability to see a complex problem from many perspectives
• Organized, detail-oriented and pragmatic
• Thrives in both independent work and in collaboration on a multi-disciplinary team
• AWS or similar cloud platform exposure
• Experience working with educational data sets.
• Excellent communication skills.
About the Company
The TechStream Group is an award winning, multi brand, talent investor & incubator. Each of our brands focus on unique technology "streams" that are disrupting & transforming the world around us.
Each of our brands are unique to the technology market they operate within, whilst being interconnected by our "Stream" branding sequence.
We follow a proven global operating model that utilizes cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence & analytics, all supported by a shared service & innovation centre in South Africa. Our Board of Directors and Senior Management team are passionate about talent & technology and strive to deliver real client value from every brand across the full technology stack.
|Abu Dhabi||27 Nov|
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||23 Dec|
Junior Data Scientist
Big Data Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||9 Dec|