Job description / Role
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins, Faithful + Gould Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
We are currently looking for an experienced permitting coordinator to actively liaise with the authorities, contractors, clients, and a wide variety of other business initiatives.
You will be submitting, reviewing and discussing all the projects design to obtain the building permits in coordination with all the Authorities (Dubai municipality, ADM, ADDC, ADCD, ADNOC, ITS, DEWA, Etisalat, DU, CDA, Transco, ...and other various authorities.
The role includes the following:
Responsibility for submission of all design NOC applications.
- Keeping abreast of changes to NOC processes and procedures and advising the PM's and Design Principals of those changes.
- Supporting the PM's and Design Managers in making timely submissions and tracking the progress of those submissions
- Responsible for ensuring NOC submissions are fully coordinated and integrated for every project on a multidiscipline basis, before being issued for local authority NOC's
- Coordination with the Local authorities as needed on technical issues relating to submissions.
- Coordination with in house project managers for individual projects.
- Coordination with other Local Authority Liaison Officers
- Experience and detailed knowledge of all local authority requirements and processes in Dubai and / or Abu Dhabi
- Ability to deal effectively with all Dubai and / or Abu Dhabi authorities and translate their requirements into clear feedback and comments for the design team.
- Ability to review multidiscipline designs to ensure they meet the necessary standards for submission to the Dubai and / or Abu Dhabi authorities
- Proven success in negotiating on technical matters with Dubai and / or Abu Dhabi local authorities
- Proven delivery against programmes of work within tight deadlines
- Proven technical negotiation and problem solving skills when facing design team and local authorities
- Fluent communicator (written and spoken) in English and Arabic
- Sets own challenging targets and deadlines
- Ability to clearly present issues and communicate solutions
- Degree qualified in any discipline
- Preferably registered with Dubai or Abu Dhabi Municipality
- A minimum of five years in coordination and engagement with statutory authorities in Dubai and / or Abu Dhabi or a demonstrable background in a similar role
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants;
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.