Job description / Role
Our client, an international construction firm, is currently looking for a Steel Structural Engineer who will work in their Dubai based project. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• A person who can deal with steel, concrete, building facade (glass & GRC) structural calculations is required.
• Draw rough and detailed scale plans for building facades (glass and GRC) and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, construction dwg, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
• Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural / structural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
• Capable and expert of preparing Layout plan, elevation, section, and details for commercial, residential and public buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and other related software.
• Coordinate and inspect the work of sub-contractor draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
• Represent structural engineer and designer on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect's supervision.
• Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to structural specifications and quantity of required materials.
• Analyze technical implications of structural design concept, calculations.
• Operate computer-aided drafting equipment/ software or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, calculation charts, forms and records.
• Coordinate with architectural, electrical and mechanical design & drawings to determine a method of presentation in order to graphically represent building plans.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• 7-10 years of experience working in similar kind of project with Architect or main contractor
• At least 3 years of diploma in structural engineering (Degree preferred)
• With ability to prepare shop drawings and document
• Knowledge of other drafting tools (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup and 3D Studio Max) are advantage.
• Strong knowledge of construction and design principles.
• Willing to be on a contract for 1 year
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Structural Engineer - Facades / Steel Structures
Transguard Workforce Solutions
QA QC Engineer - Civil (Oil & Gas)
Copperfield Business Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||1 Aug|
Site Structural Engineer
A Leading Construction Company In Lebanon
Senior Structural Engineer