Job description / Role
- Contributes to the implementation of hygiene and workplace safety practices
- Maintains food labels of each and every product as per shelf life guidelines
- Assists in on preparation of food – cutting vegetables, meat etc.
- Maintains the cleanliness of working area/restaurant itself- floor, ceiling, tiles etc
- Meets standards for personal appearance, uniform, image and personal hygiene
- Works a team player, assisting restaurant staff to achieve operational standards
- Uses chemicals as per instructions given by supplier especially for sanitation
- Maintains all cleaning equipment, and cleaning material stock for unit
- Assists with the preparation of staff meals
- Ensures all equipment and work surfaces are clean and sanitized – refrigerators, work tables, sink, pot wash etc
- Set up dish machine to restaurant guidelines.
- Clean and stock all small wares throughout the day.
- Remove all trash receptacles when full to designated area.
- Maintain his/her productivity and efficiency for the benefit of the entire team.
- Discuss problems related to work quality, efficiency and teamwork with Kitchen Manager.
- Report hazardous materials and/ or broken equipment immediately to the Kitchen Manager and Restaurant Manager.
- Always arrive at scheduled time and in required uniform.
- Attend all scheduled training and commit to applying training concepts into the workplace.
- Perform other duties as required or as assigned by restaurant Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
Academic & Trade Qualifications
- Minimum basic food hygiene, presentable and well groomed
- Minimum High School Level / 12th Grade Pass/ Any business-related diploma or certification
Working Experience & Skills
- Minimum 1.5 years working hospitality or F&B.
- Minimum 1 year of being Steward on high volume signature cafe
- Oral fluency in English, ability to read English
About the Company
A leading international private investment company in the UAE.